We plan for ‘Collaboration Time’ in many ways at Glashieburn as we value the importance of working together, sharing our learning with others and establishing close networks across all year groups.
As a result, we pride ourselves on a close community feel to our school where our pupils have established friendships outwit their year group and staff glean from each other by working together.
Collaboration Time takes the following forms at Glashieburn…
- Planned monthly sessions with a partner class. For example, Primary 1 worked with Primary 7 last session at our Wee Green Space.
- Staff plan our whole school topics collaboratively and they ensure cross class teaching and learning.
- Cross class working within their areas. For example, last session P2, 3 and 3/4 had Wonder Wednesdays where they learned with a different teacher on a question of their choosing. This rotated weekly.
- Active tasks within class which lead to group work and collaborative working.
- Shared assemblies and presentations.