Miss Cunningham’s Term 3 Learning Leaflet

Miss Cunningham’s Learning Leaflet: Term Three

Happy New Year! May 2017 bring you great happiness! I will continue to work with every class, but Primary 4, teaching the curricular areas Expressive Arts and Health and Wellbeing. Please see your child’s class below for further details of outcomes which will be covered this term. Our P4-7 choir (along with a few P2 and P3 pupils) are being challenged further in Expressive Arts as they will be competing in the Aberdeen Glee Challenge at the Beach Ballroom. See below for more information!

P1B and P1C- Early Level

Together we enjoy handling, tasting, talking and learning about different foods, discovering ways in which eating and drinking may help us to grow and keep healthy. HWB 0-30a

I know that people need different kinds of food to keep them healthy. HWB 0-32a

I am becoming aware of how cleanliness, hygiene and safety can affect health and wellbeing and I apply this knowledge in my everyday routines such as taking care of my teeth. HWB 0-33a

In Health, Primary 1 will be learning about food and cleanliness. We will look at foods and drinks that help us stay healthy as well as those which we should not eat in large quantities. We will begin to understand what is meant by a balanced diet. Primary 1 will also learn about cleanliness including hand washing and teeth brushing. We will think about hygienic practices in our daily lives and how poor hygiene can spread germs.

I have the freedom to choose and explore how I can use my voice, movement, and expression in role play and drama. EXA 0-12a

I can respond to the experience of drama by discussing my thoughts and feelings. I can give and accept constructive comment on my own and others’ work. EXA 0-15a

I have the freedom to use my voice, musical instruments and music technology to discover and enjoy playing with sound and rhythm. EXA 0-17a

In Expressive Arts, Primary 1 will be exploring how to use voice, movement and expression to create a range of fairy tale characters. We will also sing some of our favourite songs from our stories to introduce volume and rhythm.

P2W, P2/3M and P3M- First Level

By investigating the range of foods available I can discuss how they contribute to a healthy diet. HWB 1-30a

I experience a sense of enjoyment and achievement when preparing simple healthy foods and drinks. HWB 1-30b

I am becoming aware of how cleanliness, hygiene and safety can affect health and wellbeing and I apply this knowledge in my everyday routines such as taking care of my teeth. HWB 1-33a

In Health, Primary 2 and Primary 3 pupils will be learning about foods and cleanliness. They will consolidate their knowledge of a balanced diet before moving onto looking at how foods should be stored carefully. They will also study the EatWell plate and learn about the 5 main food groups. Primary 2 and 3 will also look at teeth brushing and hand washing.

I have developed confidence and skills in creating and presenting drama which explores real and imaginary situations, using improvisation and script. EXA 1-14a

I can respond to the experience of drama by discussing my thoughts and feelings. I can give and accept constructive comment on my own and others’ work. EXA 1-15a

In Expressive Arts, Primary 2 and Primary 3 pupils will be creating and presenting drama using both improvisation and script. We will look at known stories such as The Three Little Pigs and Goldilocks and the Three Bears. The children will be encouraged to provide their peers with positive and constructive feedback. We will also look at Spring and Easter themed drama nearer the end of the term.

P5C and P5/6K- Second Level

By applying my knowledge and understanding of current healthy eating advice I can contribute to a healthy eating plan. HWB 2-30a

I understand that people at different life stages have differing nutritional needs and that some people may eat or avoid certain foods. HWB 2-32a

By investigating food labelling systems, I can begin to understand how to use them to make healthy food choices. HWB 2-36a

In Health, Primary 5C and 5/6K will be securing their knowledge of current healthy eating advice. They will begin to understand allergies and how these can alter people’s diets. They will also look at food labels to gain an understanding of advertising and how to make healthy food choices.

Inspired by a range of stimuli, I can express and communicate my ideas, thoughts and feelings through drama. EXA 2-13a

I can respond to the experience of drama by discussing my thoughts and feelings. I can give and accept constructive comment on my own and others’ work. EXA 2-15a

In Expressive Arts, we will create and present drama from a range of stimuli. The classes will express their thoughts and ideas by creating and continuing scripts as well as inventing characters and roles which they will use to create new and exciting scenes.

P6R and P7W- Second Level (Health and Wellbeing- P6R only).

I know that we all experience a variety of thoughts and emotions that affect how we feel and behave and I am learning ways of managing them. HWB 2-02a

I am learning to assess and manage risk, to protect myself and others, and to reduce the potential for harm when possible. HWB 2-16a

I am aware that positive friendships and relationships can promote health and the health and wellbeing of others. HWB 2-44b

In Health, Primary 6R will be learning how to assess and manage risk online. We will be thinking about what is appropriate online and what rules to follow when using Social Media and the wider web. They will also be demonstrating how they can promote their own and others’ health in various relationships and friendships.

I can create, adapt and sustain different roles, experimenting with movement, expression and voice and using theatre arts technology. EXA 2-12a

I have created and presented scripted or improvised drama, beginning to take account of audience and atmosphere. EXA 2-14a

In Expressive Arts, Primary 6R and 7W will be exploring script work from the play Macbeth. They will experiment with movement, expression and voice to adapt and sustain a variety of roles from the play.

Other News- 

Glashieburn has entered the Aberdeen Glee Challenge! Our P4-7 choir, along with a few of our P2 and P3 pupils will be competing at the Beach Ballroom on the evening of the 28th February. We are very excited and hope you can come along and support us!

Miss Lauren Cunningham