Miss Cunningham’s Term 2 Learning Leaflet

Miss Cunningham’s Learning Leaflet: Term Two

Hello! I hope you all enjoyed the tattie holidays! This term I will continue to work with every class, but Primary 4. Please see your child’s class below for further details of outcomes which will be covered this term;

P1B and P1C- Early Level

I am learning to assess and manage risk, to protect myself and others, and to reduce the potential for harm when possible. HWB 0-16a

I know and can demonstrate how to keep myself and others safe and how to respond in a range of emergency situations. HWB 0-17a

I know and can demonstrate how to travel safely. HWB 0-18a

I understand there are things I should not touch or eat and how to keep myself safe, and I am learning what is meant by medicines and harmful substances. HWB 0-38a

In Health, Primary 1 will be learning about how to keep safe outside and indoors. We hope to cover; Road Safety as well as looking at the differences between medicines and harmful substances. It is certainly going to be a busy term!

I have the opportunity and freedom to choose and explore ways that I can move rhythmically, expressively and playfully. EXA 0-08a

I have opportunities to enjoy taking part in dance experiences. EXA 0-10a

I can respond to the experience of drama by discussing my thoughts and feelings. I can give and accept constructive comment on my own and others’ work. EXA 0-15a

In Expressive Arts, Primary 1 will enjoy taking part in movement and dance. We will be using our listening skills to follow instructions to move and dance like characters from some of our favourite books, including; The Gruffalo and Room on the Broom.

P2W, P2/3M and P3M- First Level

I am learning to assess and manage risk, to protect myself and others, and to reduce the potential for harm when possible. HWB 1-16a

I know and can demonstrate how to keep myself and others safe and how to respond in a range of emergency situations. HWB 1-17a

I know and can demonstrate how to travel safely. HWB 1-18a

I know how to react in unsafe situations and emergencies. HWB 1-42a

In Health, Primary 2 and Primary 3 pupils will be learning about different ways to keep safe outdoors, which lends itself to the areas topic, ‘The Owl Who was Afraid of the Dark’. They will develop an understanding of the importance of Road Safety, ‘Be Safe Be Seen’ and Stranger Danger.

Inspired by a range of stimuli, I can express and communicate my idea, thoughts and feelings through drama. EXA 1-13a

I have developed confidence and skills in creating and presenting drama which explores real and imaginary situations, using improvisation and script. EXA 1-14a

I can respond to the experience of drama by discussing my thoughts and feelings. I can give and accept constructive comment on my own and others’ work. EXA 1-15a

In Drama, Primary 2 and Primary 3 pupils will be creating and presenting drama with the theme ‘Our Seasons’. We will be expressing our thoughts and ideas of the Seasons through different movements and presenting these with more confidence in groups and pairs. The children will be encouraged to think about how the Owl in their topic feels during the different seasons too. They will also provide their peers with positive and constructive feedback.

P5C and P5/6K- Second Level

I know that we all experience a variety of thoughts and emotions that affect how we feel and behave and I am learning ways of managing them. HWB 2-02a

I understand that there are people I can talk to and that there are a number of ways in which I can gain access to practical and emotional support to help me and others in a range of circumstances. HWB 2-03a

I am learning to assess and manage risk, to protect myself and others, and to reduce the potential for harm when possible. HWB 2-16a

In Health, Primary 5 and Primary 5/6 will be learning how to assess and manage risk online. We will be thinking about what is appropriate online and what rules to follow when using Social Media and the wider web.

Inspired by a range of stimuli, I can express and communicate my idea, thoughts and feelings through creative work in dance. EXA 2-09a

I have taken part in dance from a range of styles and cultures, demonstrating my awareness of the dance features. EXA 2-10a

In drama, we will be exploring a range of styles of dance, which connects with Primary 5C’s topic, Wonders of the World. One of the styles of dance we will be focussing on is African Dancing which links with Primary 5/6’s topic, Ghana. We will explore and choose movements to create and present dance, whilst developing skills and techniques.  

P6R and P7W- Second Level (Please note: Primary 6R will receive 3 sessions; RME, Expressive Arts and French (supporting Mrs Grant). Primary 7W will receive 1 session of Expressive Arts.) 

Through investigating and reflecting upon stories of world religions, I can show my understanding of these stories. RME 2-04a

Through exploring the lives and teachings of significant figures from world religions, I am increasing my knowledge and understanding of their key beliefs. RME 2-04b

I can show understanding of the beliefs of world religions and explore the similarities and differences between these and my developing beliefs. RME 2-04c

Primary 6 will continue to develop their knowledge of the religion, Buddhism. They will continue to gain an understanding of special festivals, traditions and the importance of significant figures and artefacts relating to Buddhists.

Inspired by a range of stimuli, I can express and communicate my ideas, thoughts and feelings through drama. EXA 2-13a

I can respond to the experience of drama by discussing my thoughts and feelings. I can give and accept constructive comment on my own and others’ work. EXA 2-15a

In Drama, Primary 6 and Primary 7 will create and present drama from a range of stimuli. The classes will express their thoughts and ideas by creating and continuing scripts as well as inventing characters and roles which they will use to create new and exciting scenes. They will also provide their peers with positive and constructive feedback.

Here’s to another great term!

Miss Lauren Cunningham