PTA Roles & Responsibilities
Run the PTA according to the principles agreed with teachers parents to raise
funds to provide extra school equipment & extra curricular activities.
- Arrange and manage PTA meetings
- Communicate PTA activities, meetings & decisions through the school website & Facebook pages.
- Work with volunteers to encourage involvement from the wider school community & ensure events are run well.
- Prepare the PTA annual report for the AGM
Maintains up to date records of all financial transactions.
- Day to day management of account, issuing cheques and completing bankingtransactions when required.
- Organise kitty for events, collects monies at end of events and reconciles totalsto be reported back to members.
- Ensure any licences are obtained (raffles)
- Prepare a financial report for the AGM
To ensure the PTA is run smoothly & communicated effectively.
- Makes arrangements for PTA meetings
- Issues the agenda, takes & distributes minutes for meetings & AGM
- Communicates activities & events to the wider school community
- Keeps a database of volunteers & potential raffle prize donators
- Makes any fliers/posters required for event publication
Although these are listed as separate duties, we have all worked closely together to
ensure successful events and communication with the school & parents. Please give
any time you can.