Miss Cunningham’s Learning Leaflet

Miss Cunningham’s Learning Leaflet

Term One

Welcome back- I hope you all had a fantastic Summer holidays (although they seem like a distant memory already!)  This year I will be working with every class, apart from Primary 4, teaching Expressive Arts as well as Health and Wellbeing. It has been great to see the progression throughout the school so far and I look forward to teaching your children. Please see your child’s class below for further details of outcomes which will be covered this term;

P1B and P1C- Early Level

I am aware of how friendships are formed and that likes, dislikes, special qualities and needs can influence relationships.HWB 0-44a

I know that there are people in our lives who care for and look after us and I am aware that people may be cared for by parents, carers or other adults.HWB 0-45a

I recognise that we have similarities and differences but are all unique.HWB 0-47a

In Health, Primary 1 will be learning, ‘All About Me’. They will be identifying their likes and dislikes, special qualities and how they are similar and different to others.

I have the freedom to choose and explore how I can use my voice, movement, and expression in role play and drama.

EXA 0-12a

I use drama to explore real and imaginary situations, helping me to understand my world. EXA 0-14a

I enjoy singing and playing along to music of different styles and cultures.

EXA 0-16a

In Drama, Primary 1 will be exploring movement in real and imaginary contexts. They will be using a range of familiar nursery rhymes, whilst acting out various characters from the songs. We will of course sing the songs too!

P2W, P2/3M and P3M- First Level

I am aware of how friendships are formed and that likes, dislikes, special qualities and needs can influence relationships. HWB 1-44a

I understand positive things about friendships and relationships but when something worries or upsets me I know who I should talk to. HWB 1-44b

I know that there are people in our lives who care for and look after us and I am aware that people may be cared for by parents, carers or other adults. HWB 1-45a

I recognise that we have similarities and differences but are all unique. HWB 1-47a

In Health, Primary 2 and Primary 3 pupils will be identifying what makes a good friend as well as recognising various feelings that they may feel within friendships. They will demonstrate examples of when they have felt different emotions including feeling happy, sad, angry and excited.

I enjoy creating, choosing and accepting roles, using movement, expression and voice.

EXA 1-12a

I have developed confidence and skills in creating and presenting drama which explores real and imaginary situations, using improvisation and script. EXA 1-14a

In Drama, we will be exploring the underwater world. The children will move their bodies in different ways to portray different shapes of characters. They will develop their confidence by creating and presenting their improvised work.

P5C and P5/6K- Second Level

I am aware that positive friendships and relationships can promote health and the health and wellbeing of others. HWB 2-44b

I am identifying and practising skills to manage changing relationships and I understand the positive impact this can have on my emotional wellbeing. HWB 2-45a

In Health, Primary 5 and Primary 5/6 will be demonstrating how they can promote their own and others’ health in various relationships and friendships. They will work collaboratively to identify solutions and strategies to solve problems amongst friendship groups when given negative scenarios.

I can create, adapt and sustain different roles, experimenting with movement, expression and voice and using theatre arts technology.

EXA 2-12a

I have created and presented scripted or improvised drama, beginning to take account of audience and atmosphere. EXA 2-14a

I can respond to the experience of drama by discussing my thoughts and feelings. I can give and accept constructive comment on my own and others’ work.  EXA 2-15a

In drama, the children will be adapting and sustaining different roles from Oliver! They will be experimenting with movement, expression and voice. They will also display skills in singing a range of songs from the musical, following sequences and rhythm. The classes will recognise their own and others’ strengths and areas for development.

P6R- Second Level

In Primary 6 the children will receive Religious Moral Education instead of Health and Wellbeing.

Through exploring the lives and teachings of significant figures from world religions, I am increasing my knowledge and understanding of their key beliefs. RME 2-04b

The class will develop their knowledge of the religion, Buddhism. They will gain an understanding of special festivals, traditions and the importance of significant figures and artefacts relating to Buddhists.

EXA 2-12a

P7W- Second Level

I can explore and choose movements to create and present dance, developing my skills and techniques.

EXA 2-08a

I have taken part in dance from a range of styles and cultures, demonstrating my awareness of the dance features. EXA 2-10a

Primary 7 pupils will explore a range of styles of dance, including carnival, which lends itself to their topic, Rio and the Olympics. They will explore and choose movements to create and present dance, whilst developing their skills and techniques.  

Miss Lauren Cunningham