DAFFODIL TEA

The Life skills group from the Hub planned a daffodil tea which took place on May 12th. The children made invitations, wrote shopping lists, went shopping for the ingredients and baked scones and cakes. They also made sandwiches.

Here are some of the comments the children made about the experience

DAFFODIL TEA by Alisdair

On Thursday 12th of May Alisdair, Connor, Kamran, Callan, Eilidh and lucas.b had held a Daffodil tea in the learning hub for friends and family. We were very busy in the morning preparing the sandwiches, baking the cakes and scones and the muffins. We set the tables with the daffodils and placemats that we had made to make the place look more daffodil and spring themed. When the visitors and Miss Baxter and other teachers arrived we said hello and showed them to there tables. Alisdair and Connor served and took the peoples orders for the beverages. We talked to the people and each other. Everyone enjoyed themselves and they all enjoyed the food (because there was not much left).

The Daffodil Tea by Connor

We had a good group that planned and organised cakes and treats and tea and Coffee

It was fun and great work for us it took so time but it was with it.My favourite bit was going to Asda to get ingredients for the cakes and treats like scones  We had to walk through a blizzard to get to Asda I thought it was worth.

The Daffodil Tea by Kamran

Daffodil tea party was fun. We made cake and cupcakes by hand and it was messy job. We set up the tables and we put our homemade daffodils on them. We also laid out our mats and then put the cakes and sandwiches on the mats. The best bit was eating the cakes!

The Daffodil Tea by Lucas

We made tea, coffee fairy cakes, scones, Victoria sponge cakes and sandwiches. We were doing this to try to get the parents to have fun. We had loads of fun making our invitations, place mats and daffodils as well as going to Asda to do the shopping. The bags were really heavy and they hurt my legs when I was walking back to school. My favourite bit was baking the cakes.

The daffodil tea by Eilidh

I loved making my invitations and mats. I really like baking and had  great fun stirring the mixtures. I even liked walking up the hill to Asda in the snow to get the shopping!

My favourite bit was serving my Grandma. I had great fun last Thursday.

The Daffodil tea by Callan

We had a daffodil tee party.

It is so much fun. Thank you for coming. We had scones, sandwiches

and cupcakes with icing. I really had fun making the cakes.

We set up the tables. We had mats and daffodils on them. We put the cakes on the tables.

I had fun.

Here are some pictures of us preparing for our Daffodil Tea and also serving on the day! Enjoy!

One thought on “DAFFODIL TEA”

1. Harrison and I had lovely afternoon at the daffodil tea party. Thank you so much to all the children for their fantastic and attentive service.
    Kristeen Brechin.