Primary 4/5 K Learning Leaflet
October – December 2015
P4/5K will continue to solve problems using a variety of strategies, working interactively in pairs or groups.
There will be a specific focus on the links between division and multiplication when learning division facts. Another focus for numeracy this term will be exploring the properties and construction of various 3D shapes.
For Listening and Talking P4/5K will learn:
- how to take part in a debate
- how to communicate their thoughts or opinions effectively
- how to respectfully disagree with another person’s opinion
Through exploring the works of different authors, P4/5K’s reading work this term will focus on reinforcing reading strategies and reading with expression. A variety of non-fiction texts will be used to develop comprehension skills and to extract useful information for our Scotland topic.
P4/5K will continue to make effective use of vocabulary, connectives, openers and punctuation to improve their writing. They will also work on producing functional pieces of writing.
P4/5K have chosen to study Scottish castles and the Wars of Independence this term. They will continue to develop their team working skills as they communicate, learn and make decisions as a group or pair. Given the context, they will extend their knowledge about Scotland’s history and learn how to critically analyse significant historical figures.
Health and Wellbeing
P4/5K will be trying out traditional dances in relation to their IDL focus. They will also be learning about the importance of healthy, balanced eating.
- Homework will be handed out to the class on a Monday and is due back in on a Friday
- The children need to continue to bring in their P.E kits on Thursdays and Fridays
- A change of shoes should be taken each day